Caring For Your Platinum Eternity Ring
Eternity rings are important pieces of jewellery, symbolising the eternal love and commitment you have for your relationship. Because of its emotional value as well as its financial worth, you need to make sure you look after your eternity ring so that it will last you a lifetime.
Looking after platinum eternity rings
Whether you’re going to wear your eternity ring every day or just get it out of the box for special occasions, there are a number of things you need to be aware of. Of course, caring for jewellery like eternity rings can depend on what type of ring you buy – a platinum band set with diamonds may be more hard-wearing than a softer gold band – but there are some rules you should stick to:
- Store your ring safely – when they’re not being worn, eternity rings should be stored in the original box or in a soft cloth bag. This helps to keep them safe from scratches and chips.
- Keep away from soap and cleaners – if you’re taking a shower or doing the washing up, take your eternity ring off first. Soap can make the band of your eternity ring dull, so it’s easiest to remove all your rings before tackling the housework.
- Leave it at home – if you’re going on holiday, you might want to consider leaving your eternity ring at home. However much it means to you to wear your eternity ring, you really don’t want to lose it. If you’re going somewhere with a pool or taking a beach holiday, the salt and chlorine in the water could damage your ring, so it’s safest to put it in its box and leave it at home.
- Professional cleaning – whilst you can get cleaners to allow you to clean your eternity ring yourself, you may find it safest to take your ring to a jeweller and have it professionally cleaned. Some jewellers offer this service free of charge and others at a minimal cost. The way your eternity ring will sparkle when it has been professionally cleaned will make you feel like you’re receiving it all over again. If you are going to clean your eternity ring yourself, make sure you are using a cleaner that is specifically approved for jewellery, or you could damage your eternity ring.
- Insurance – finally, don’t forget to add your eternity ring to your insurance policy. Too many people forget to increase their contents cover when they buy expensive items like jewellery and making sure your eternity ring is insured will make life easier if you’re unlucky enough to lose your ring or have it stolen.
It’s always wonderful to receive a new piece of jewellery – particularly one that has so much meaning – so it’s vital that you take the time to look after it properly so that you can enjoy it for years to come.