Celebrities love grabbing the attention of the media in any way possible – and there’s nothing more likely to guarantee them some column inches than announcing their engagement. But what they might forget is that the engagement rings can often get as much attention as they do! Here are some of Tinseltown’s hottest celebrity engagements (and engagement rings) of 2008.
Platinum Engagement Rings – Celebrity Proposals
Love is definitely in the air in Los Angeles, with a new celebrity flashing her engagement ring at the paparazzi every few weeks. Every type of relationship is culminating in an engagement, from the high-profile “Look at us” variety, to the low-key under the radar kind. One trend seems to be for A-list actresses to find themselves a wealthy financier or businessmen, whose money can keep them in the lifestyle to which they’re accustomed. Sadly for Anne Hathway, her entrepreneur ex-boyfriend is now awaiting trial for fraud and could face 120 years in prison. Good job she didn’t accept an engagement ring from him!
Platinum Engagement Rings – Hollywood’s Hottest RocksHere are some more successful matches and details of the hot engagement rings the stars are wearing:
- Uma Thurman and Arpad Busson - The Kill Bill beauty and her Swiss businessman boyfriend recently threw a lavish party in his Kensington home to celebrate their engagement. Guests included Sir Elton John, Claudia Schiffer and fashion designer Stella McCartney, who all admired her enormous engagement ring.
- Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds - The actress-cum-singer said ‘yes’ to her boyfriend of a year, when he popped the question with an engagement ring sporting a round solitaire on an intertwined yellow gold band.
- Carmen Electra and Rob Patterson - The former Baywatch star and her rocker boyfriend like to do things differently, apparently also when it comes to engagement rings. Carmen now wears a black diamond solitaire on a platinum band, inset with white diamonds.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon - In true Mariah style, her engagement ring’s value exceeds that of even the most luxurious homes. At $2.5million dollars it is certainly worthy of a diva, with an emerald-cut light pink diamond flanked by two half-moon diamonds.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ross McCall - Jennifer’s Scottish actor boyfriend has handed down a family heirloom. The engagement ring twinkling on her finger is an antique round solitaire diamond surrounded by floral diamonds.
- Nicolette Sheridan and Michael Bolton - Desperate Housewives star Nicolette was no doubt thrilled when her former flame dazzled her with this engagement ring’s $150,000 worth of 5 carat diamonds.
- Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz - Ashlee’s engagement ring’s unique style is down to the fact that her hubby-to-be designed it himself. The $100,000 ring clocks in at 4 carats, with a square cushion cut diamond set in pave diamonds.