You’re set to exchange your platinum wedding rings at your winter ceremony, but what’s on-trend and how do you decorate to match? Let’s take a look: Winter weddings are beautifully romantic: crisp, white snow, crackling fires, and elaborate roasts – what more could you want? But before you exchange your platinum wedding rings, it’s important to get your theme right – choosing the finest décor to complement your winter romance. Luckily for you, we’ve got some inspirational ideas for your winter wedding:
Let’s kick-start our trends with a timeless festive classic: Christmas crimson. There are plenty of gorgeous ways in which you can incorporate this trend into your wedding décor – from luscious chair ties to scattered petals – but here are just a few fabulous ideas:
- Floating candles with holly or Christmas baubles: This is a beautiful centrepiece for round tables if you’re having a sit-down reception; simply choose round glass bowls and fill with water – allow some holly to float on the surface and gently place in some red floating candles. If you want something a little more modern looking, then fill the bowl with gold and red, or silver and red baubles instead.
- Cranberry goblets: This is another lovely idea for table centrepieces, but they would also look great on your cake table. Cranberries and Christmas go hand in hand, so why not simply fill large crystal goblets with cranberries – imitation or real are fine, just choose your preference – leaving some gently scattered around the base and on the table for effect.
Candy canes: The contrasting white and red colours make candy canes great for decoration, but they can also double up as favours for your guests. Place a simple jar at the centre of each table and fill with candy canes tied with a red bow and a name tag for each guest.
Vintage weddings are very much on-trend right now, and if you’ve bought your 1950s-inspired dress then it’s time to start thinking about the décor – think lace, pearls, and delicate roses in shades of pink, white and cream. Here are some of our favourite vintage decorations:
- Bird cages: Bird cages are beautifully vintage and look great adorning the top table, as dining centre-pieces, or to accompany your cake. Fill them with white and pastel pink roses or use them as candle holders.
- Sweet cart: Sweet carts make a delightful feature at any wedding, but they work especially well with a vintage-theme. Choose a pristine white cart with a delicate fabric escalloped roof, and fill with old-fashioned sweet jars.
- Black and white photographs: You may not have grown up before colour photographs, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this element of vintage chic for your wedding; place a black and white photo feature in the reception hall with pics of you, your other half, and all of your loved ones – it’s guaranteed to be a real focal point.
- Gramophones and typewriters: If you want to make your vintage theme even more authentic, then why not adorn your cake table with vintage bits and bobs – gramophones and typewriters are perfect for this. As with the above idea, these will prove to be a popular talking point.